Date(s) - 09/08/2022
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Categories No Categories
September 8Research Night with a theme of “Debunking Polish Research Myths.” Bring your questions and examples of how you busted myths in your research!
- I do not speak Polish, so I cannot do Polish family research.
- I know my ancestors were Polish, but the records say they were German, or Russian, or Austrian. Did my grandparents lie?
- I know my Polish ancestors’ names, but the records do not match!
- Our family name was changed at Ellis Island.
- All the Polish records were lost during the wars.
- My ancestors all came from one place in Poland.
- The only way to do Polish family research is to travel to Poland.
PGSNYS Hybrid Meetings
- In person at Erie 1 BOCES, 355 Harlem Road, West Seneca, New York
- Via Zoom – link shared in email to PGSNYS members before event
For additional information, please send questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.